8 Egg Whites
3 Pinches Salt
2 ½ Cups Caster Sugar
4 Cups Plain Flour
1. Whip Egg Whites in a clean and dry bowl with the salt.
2. Gradually add sugar when the whites have formed peaks.
3. Whip and take mixture to a meringue stage, then finish.
4. Fold into mixture by hand first the flour, then the hazelnuts.
5. Pour into a lined loaf tin.
6. Bake at 160 degrees for approx. 20 minutes (or until cooked through).
7. Allow to thoroughly cool before slicing.
Esca Bimbadgen Winery Restaurant
P; 02 4998 4666
Open 7 days for lunch 12pm – 4pm.
Dinner Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm.
High Tea 7 days - 3pm to 5pm.
Located within Bimbadgen Winery – 790 McDonalds Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320.