Working closely with the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for the supervision and smooth running of Esca Bimbadgen’s Kitchen, including A la Carte, weddings, functions and events. This role is also involved in the training of junior staff and overseeing problems that arise during service and seizing control of situations at a moment’s notice.
At a high level, key responsibilities include:
• Planning and directing food preparation, ensuring consistently high standards of food preparation and quality are maintained
• Assisting the Executive Chef with the day-to-day running of Esca, including ordering and rostering
• Assisting the Executive Chef with menu planning
• Managing the provision of skills training for CDP/junior staff
• Assisting the Executive Chef in meeting financial targets
• Maintaining grooming and hygiene standards of CDP/junior staff
• Being proactive in WH&S management and ensuring adequate training in fire, safety, security and hygiene precautions.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
• 2-3 years’ experience in a reputable kitchen as either a Sous Chef or Senior Chef De Partie
• Sound knowledge of statutory compliance obligations regarding WH&S & Food Safety
• Ability to work well under pressure whilst being organised and an effective communicator
• Food and wine appreciation
• Team player attitude, passion and commitment to a high work ethic and professional standard
• Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Applications close Sunday, 25 November 2018.
We are seeking expressions of interest for casual Food and Beverage Attendants with flexibility towards working across private functions, weddings, concerts, café and restaurant dining, primarily on weekends and over holiday periods.
Take advantage of this exciting period of growth, and join the Bimbadgen team in a role with plenty of variety!
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Executive, this role is responsible for delivering excellent customer service to all Bimbadgen guests.
Key responsibilities include:
• Delivering high standard food and beverage service and production
• Providing advice on Food and Beverage above guest expectations
• Following the correct sequence of service as directed by the Food & Beverage Executive
• Reporting any drop in food presentation and quality immediately to maintain quality
• Reporting customer feedback to the Food & Beverage Executive to ensure customer return
• Ensuring the presentation of the restaurant is maintained to the highest standard
• Working cooperatively with fellow team members and contributing to team performance
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
• Food and Beverage experience, preferably in fine dining
• NSW RSA Competency Card
• Willingness to learn, acquire new skills and knowledge and strive for continuous improvement
• Personal interest in current food and beverage trends
• Team player attitude
• Well-groomed and professional appearance
• Due to the location, access to own their transport
• Weekend and holiday period availability
Each year, Bimbadgen host the A Day on the Green concert series. These events cater for up to 10,000 people, and we are currently accepting expressions of interest for casual bar staff, food stall and information area roles.
All bar staff positions require a current NSW RSA Competency Card.
To register your interest in these positions, please use the following form to submit your resume and a copy of your current NSW RSA Competency Card.
Once concerts dates are confirmed for the 2018-19 concert season, a member of our events team will contact you to confirm your availability. Preference is given to those who have worked for us before.
Worked for us before? No need to re-apply, we will contact you approximately 2-months from the first concert of the 2018-19 season to confirm your availability. If your contact details have changed, please contact our office.